A formal note as an alumnus

                           My time at SKCET as a student


I, UDAYA S class of 2017-2021 batch of Electronics and Communication Engineering, feel proud to share my moments at SKCET. It felt like a fairy tale when I had entered the campus. A special mention to the lush green environment of SKCET. The grandeur of the department buildings, the library, the convention center, and the Krishna hall made me feel awestruck.

Freshman year:

My first year at college was a roller coaster. New place, new people, new friends, a new chapter, a new semester, and the list goes on. I got timely help and support from the S&H department whenever I needed it. During my first semester, I got overwhelmed with internal exams, semester exams, finding my way back to my class, navigating through the library, the procedures, formalities, and a lot more (finding new friends).

 

A semester passed successfully. I grounded myself. Decluttered and took time to ponder over co-curricular and extracurricular activities. My first ever active participation on campus is attending and involving myself in The Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp organized by The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of SKCET. When I spread my focus across different activities apart from academics, I got more exposure. One such thing was participating in The Facebook Developer Circle community event. The best part is my professors allowed me to engage in such activities.

Sophomore year:

The second year was the super exciting year of all years. Guess why? I entered the most prestigious ECE department. I got myself involved in more technical competitions. I presented my idea on the social issue and explained my solution to my professors. In turn, they encouraged me to develop a prototype. While working on that prototype, I got a chance to lead a team. I developed interpersonal skills while leading my team to gain the spot on Smart India Hackathon Round2. But I failed to make it to the final. The best takeaway from that was to keep trying.

 

The next big thing happened in the same year. I got an opportunity to present a paper in an intercollege competition. I presented a paper on Smart vehicles and management systems before scholars from different parts of the state. I fine-tuned my presentation skills along with my academics. I feel grateful for The Venkatraman Learning center. The ambiance of the library gave me immense pleasure. It never disappointed me when it comes to learning. Books and digital content were easily accessible.

 

 

Junior year:

The most crucial year was the third year of my college. My professors were concerned about my placements. The college supported us in all means to get adequate placement training. I got into Bootcamp, which trained me, infused knowledge on programming and other related stuff.

 

Academics and placements went hand in hand. I appreciate the efforts taken by our professors. They helped us to be on track. During my third year, I participated in college coding events, Bootathons, hackathons related to software programming.

Senior year:

The final season of my college kickstarted. We started to get recruitment calls from a wide range of companies. It was a fine morning. I was enjoying the preliminary rounds of the cultural fest "Dhwani 2020". I was the happiest. Covid-19 happened. Everything turned upside down. Locked in our homes. Our college management took the wisest decisions and made our recruitment process and semester exams online. Our professors adopted the new trend in teaching. We got through all those obstacles and challenges together. I take my time to applaud their efforts to teach us in those difficult situations. I am thankful for them.

 

Our class eagerly participated in the recruitment process. We helped each other when it came to placement preparations. During the toughest of times, our professors were with us.

 

Today we are here with the majority of the class got placed. We are happily heading to pursue our paths in the name of "SKCET Alumni".

 

A happy ending!

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.s:

Special mention and thanks to:

Our professors

Our laboratory technical helping staff

The Library

The Krishna hall

The Bootcamp

The convention center

The Xerox shop

The JMR

The 0/100

 

Last but not least, thanks to my family and my beloved friends.



Stay tuned for the Moments at SKCET with my friends, the best part of 4 years. I guarantee you that my upcoming write-up will not be this formal!

Comments

  1. ✨💯💯💯🔥🔥🔥🔥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your time and support. Kindly join in our broadcast shorturl.at/rzDZ9

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for your time and support. Kindly join in our broadcast shorturl.at/rzDZ9

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reminiscing over the past - A gamer's version